Ride to Fish
DO you want the full Montana experience? We offer ride to fish trips through Hell's A-Rourin Outfitters located just up the mountain from Gardiner, MT. These trips are great for families or the avid angler wanting to access places that are difficult to hike to in just one day. These trips leave from the ranch in Jardine, MT and have many different options. The Black CAnon of the Yellowstone RIver is a great place to ride into and target trout who seldom see flies. As noted above, this is the full Montana ADVENTURE as it includes about a half day of riding horse-back through the Montana WIlderness and half a day of fly-fishing. Each trip includes an expert wrangler and a fishing guide. If you want to access fisheries where seldom anglers go, this is the trip for you. All ride to fish trips are full-day EXCURSIONS. We can ride into some MAGNIFICENT lakes or fish more remote fishing holes on the Yellowstone RIver. Depending on where we ride to you may need a Montana state fishing LICENSE or a Yellowstone National Park fishing LICENSE. The prices reflect the logistical complexity of these trips... But it is worth it! We DEFINITELY do not ride into these locations everyday which is what makes them special. If you are remotely interested in a ride to fish trip, please contact us immediately.
Ride to fish trips leaving from the ranch - 275.00 per adult and 250.00 per child for access to horses plus a full-day guide rate of 495.00 (for one or 2 anglers). Additional anglers (up to 5) are 100.00 per angler.
Ride to fish trips in Yellowstone National Park to Slough Creek or the Lamar River drainage- these trips have an additional horse trucking charge plus the full-day rate for the fishing guide (495.00 for 1 or 2 anglers-100.00 each additional angler up to 5). Please inquire about these specialty trips and we will make it happen to ensure you have the trip of a lifetime.
ride to fish TRIPS INCLUDE:
- RODS (IF NEEDED), ALL FLIES, TIPPET, TACKLE, COLD DRINKS (NON-ALCOHOLIC) A DELICIOUS STREAM SIDE LUNCH (FULL DAYS), AN EXPERT wrangler, and an expert fishing guide.
Ride to fish trips DO NOT INCLUDE:
- PERSONAL CLOTHING ITEMS SUCH AS HATS, SUN GLASSES, WADING SHOES, WADERS (IF NEEDED CAN BE RENTED FOR $25), RAIN JACKET, SUN SCREEN, BUG SPRAY.
- ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES- YOU ARE WELCOME TO BRING YOUR OWN BEER/WINE. ALL OF OUR GUIDES HAVE COOLERS FULL OF ICE.
- Yellowstone Park ENTRANCE pass
- MONTANA/Yellowstone FISHING LICENSES CAN BE PURCHASED THE MORNING OF THE TRIP OR THE DAY PRIOR IN GARDINER, MT.
- GUIDE GRATUITIES
All ride to fish trips are permitted through Warren Johnson- Gallatin National Forest-Montana Outfitters: #269 - Yellowstone National Park: #YELL 131